Saturday, October 21, 2017

Meth Drinker / Moloch (Grindfather prod)

I know that it is pretty strange for us to write a review on a genre that is far from Grind, but these bands are worth your attention guys. So without any more hesitation, I push this tape into my player. And… The endless abyss of black resin began to envelope me. It`s really hard to believe that such a small country like New Zealand could birth such a dreadful band. If I remember right Meth Drinker is not active anymore. And that makes me a little bit sad because their low sound infection is so good. This band acts so heavy and so painfully, their songs are full of dark atmosphere and crashing energy. The guitar sound slowly entering into your mind and corrupts it. Unholy screams and roars make this piece of mud even better. Each song like a poison, you dont even notice when it starts to melt you. So be very carefully while listening of this part.

Next is an ugly beast from the UK. During listening to this material I was not left with a feeling that Moloch is belching a dense black vomit. Seriously, their songs have a good doom metal taste; tunes are so slow and heavy and the agonizing vocals cause goose bumps. Also the whole sound is deep and viscous (and it`s very important for this kind of music). I guess that both of these gloomy songs can be perfectly used like a soundtrack for doomsday.


Rating: 8.5/10    Meth Drinker bc   Moloch fb 

You can get this tape thru Grindfather prod!