Friday, March 24, 2017

Gangrene - Chapters of Decay

My dear friend what do you know about asian gore scene? Not much? The same for me, hehehe)) And that's why today we will listen the last work from Philippines Gangrene. For my opinion Chapters of Decay is their best work. Although it`s just well re-recorded "Reek Of Pestilence" (which was raw as fuck, ahahah). So lets talk a little bit about this creepy artwork. This art was made by Tremor (freaky and dark illustrator from Indonesia)... And it`s seems to me this theme is pretty close to "the Thing" movie. It`s looks very similar to alien mutant from that film (by maybe it`s only my sick imagiantion? who knows? :)) As for the noise, I guess we need to dig in to it for maximum. For first looks we got here a pretty usual gore. Low and raw sound, pitchshifted vocals and good blast beats and "tupa-tupa" beats. But lets listen closely. The sound is like a mud and disgustingly and slowly crawls under your skin, haha!) Guitar riffs are so primitive but they sounds really good and powerful. The bass guitar has a deep distorted and low roar (which is really sick and nice). Drums are not so emphatic (just try to understand me, beats are good but not a briliant). As for the vocals it`s a little bit stange. It`s a little bit high for pitchshifted stuff. But surely it`s good and reminded me old, good Oxidised Razor style. 

Rating: 8/10     Gangrene bc     Gangrene fb